Ventolin Dosage and Administration
My Canadian Pharmacy Ventolin inhaler is administrated in form of inhalation. Increased demand for use of agonists beta2-adrenergic receptors may be a symptom of asthma exacerbation. In such a situation you may require re-evaluation of scheme of patient treatment with the consideration of simultaneous GCS therapy advisability.
Since Ventolin overdose may be accompanied by development of adverse events, dose or multiplicity of drug may be increased only on doctor’s recommendation.
Canadian Pharmacy Ventolin effect duration in most patients is up to 6 hours.
Patients who experience difficulty in synchronizing inhalation with aerosol inhaler under pressure, can use spacer.
In children and infants receiving Ventolin inhaler, it is advisable to use pediatric spacer device with a face mask.
For relief of bronchospasm (asthma) attack:
- recommended dose for adults is 100 or 200 mcg; children – 100 mg, dose may be increased up to 200 mg if necessary.
- it is not recommended to use generic Ventolin inhaler more than 4 times a day. The need for frequent use of the maximum Ventolin dose or a sudden increase in dose indicates asthma exacerbation.
To prevent asthma and bronchospasm attacks associated with allergen exposure or physical overloading:
- adults Ventolin dose- 200 mg 10-15 minutes before exposure to a provoking factor or load;
- children – 100 micrograms 10-15 minutes before exposure to the inciting factor, or load, as appropriate dose may be increased up to 200 micrograms.
With long-term maintenance Ventolin treatment of adults:
- up to 200 mg 4 times daily;
- children – up to 200 mg four times a day.
Terms of Ventolin Inhaler Use
Before the first inhaler use, or if inhaler is not used for longer than a week, remove cap from mouthpiece, slightly squeezed cap, shake Ventolin inhaler well, produce two air spraying in order to ensure inhaler order.
How to Use Inhaler?
- remove cap from mouthpiece, gently squeezing cap on both sides.
- inspect mouthpiece inside and outside to make sure it was clean.
- shake Ventolin.
- hold inhaler between pointer and thumb in a vertical bottom-up position, in this time thumb should be placed on mouthpiece basis.
- make a slow deep breath, grasping mouthpiece with lips, not clenching teeth.
- make the most deep breath through your mouth, at the same time pressing on upper part of inhaler to release one dose of inhaled Ventolin.
- hold your breath for a few seconds, take mouthpiece out of mouth, then slowly exhale.
- for the second dose, holding inhaler in a vertical position, wait 30 seconds and then repeat this procedure up to 7 times.
- tightly close mouthpiece protective cap.
Performing step 5, 6 and 7, you should not rush. You should begin to breathe as slowly as possible just before pressing Ventolin inhaler gate. In the first few times it is recommended to practice in front of mirror – My Canadian Pharmacy points out.
If you see “mist” coming from the top of inhaler or from the corners of mouth, it is necessary to start again from step 2.
If your doctor has given other instructions on inhaler use, the patient should strictly follow them. If patients have difficulty using inhaler, he should consult a doctor.
Inhaler should be cleaned at least 1 time per week:
- remove metal canister from plastic casing;
- remove mouthpiece lid;
- rinse plastic case and mouthpiece cover under warm running water;
- dry plastic case and mouthpiece cover fully both outside and inside;
- avoid overheating;
- put a metal canister in a plastic casing and put on lid of mouthpiece
- do not immerse metal canister into water.
Apply as inhalation. Ventolin Nebules Canada is not intended for injection. Nebula drug -Ventolin should be used under supervision of professionals with a special inhaler (nebulizer) and a mask, a T-shaped tube or endotracheal tube. If the risk of hypoxia due to hypoventilation, inhaled air may be oxygen enriched.
Ventolin Nebules for use in undiluted form, but if prolonged administration of salbutamol solution (over 10 minutes) is necessary, Ventolin may be diluted with sterile 0.9% sodium chloride solution. The solution remaining unused in chamber after inhalation should be poured out.
Since many nebulizers are available when using with constant air flow, it is possible that drug is sprayed into environment. With this in mind, Ventolin Nebules should be used in well ventilated areas; this recommendation should be followed strictly especially in hospitals where nebulizers can be simultaneously used by several patients.
Adults and children over 1.5 years average starting Ventolin dose administered by inhalation using a nebulizer, is 2.5 mg, but it may be increased up to 5 mg. Inhalations may be repeated 4 times per day. For severe airway obstruction treatment, adult patients can use drug in higher doses – 40 mg per day – under strict medical supervision in a hospital.
Ventolin Inhaler Overdose
Symptoms of excessive use of Ventolin are the following:
- blood pressure decrease,
- tachycardia appearance,
- muscular tremor manifestations,
- nausea and vomiting,
Start to treat Ventolin overdose with its discontinuation and subsequent appointment of symptomatic therapy.